March 20th is here and with it comes the official start of spring, one of the best seasons when in a place like Luxembourg. The beauty of Luxembourg in spring is something you need to live and what better way to do so then with all the outdoor activities at your footsteps.
Fifteen tours allow you to discover Luxembourg City in a new way.
Here are some examples:
- City Promenade, the inevitable walk to discover the city's many faces;
- The 'Wenzel' tour allows you to discover 1,000 years of history in 100 minutes;
- The Vauban tour, to visit the remarkable Vauban fortifications and also parts of the city fortification dating from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries;
- The 'Museumsmile' tour, a path in the form of an arch (or a smile) connecting the seven museums of the city;
- The architectural tour, to discover the architecture of the city;
- The tour 'Luxembourg, a European capital', to discover the role that the country played in the European construction.
Luxembourg is a great place for hikers. It has more than 500 marked trails, totaling 5,000 km and making it possible to discover the five tourist regions of the country.
Luxembourg is also a great place for cyclists: the nations cycling network covers nearly 900 km, of which 152 km in the capital, making it possible to discover the great variety of landscapes of the country by bike.
Discover the castles of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, many of which are open to visitors. The most visited are the castles of Vianden, Beaufort, Bourscheid, Clervaux and Larochette.
Gardens and Parks
Interesting fact: A quarter of the urban area of the capital is devoted to green spaces. Check out the parks and gardens of Luxembourg City by downloading the brochure 'Parks and gardens' of the Luxembourg City Tourist Office.
Parc Merveilleux in Bettembourg
A visit of the Parc Merveilleux in Bettembourg is part of the favorite activities of the Luxembourg children! It's a big park which shelters animals from the five continents around the world and which offers different adventures, namely discovering several fairy tales, miniature golf, a big playground, a labyrinth, a tour with the mini-train or a ride with the pony-express. This year, the park opens its gates from 26 March to 9 October.
Cafés and restaurants
As the day comes to an end and you feel a bit tired, enjoy the many restaurants and cafés the country has to offer. Indeed, proportional to the number of inhabitants, Luxembourg is the country boasting the highest number of Michelin-starred restaurants.
But the extremely diverse offer also allows you to find a small and simple meal, and why not on a terrace with a beautiful view.